History of the building
In 2002, 57 Eccles Street was a derelict building opposite The Mater Hospital. It belonged to the Sisters of Mercy who in their wisdom donated the building to the Neurology Department at The Mater Hospital for renovation. It now houses Ireland’s first Neurological Institute. The Institute will be an essential facility for people with Neurological conditions in Ireland.
Old newspaper found during DNI restoration:
See below link to read the story of the 1895 Newspaper found during our initial restoration work and lovingly restored by the National Library of Ireland: